LeClaire Manufacturing is looking for production workers to fill various roles on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. We are looking for hardworking, dependable, safety conscious employees to work with molten aluminum to produce high quality castings. Ideal candidates must have reliable transportation to work, must show up every day and work hard. You must be able to complete repetitive, physically laborious tasks safely, efficiently and industriously. You must be willing to work hard in a team environment, multi-task, be able to follow instructions, work on a deadline, show initiative, and be willing to dedicate yourself to the success of LeClaire Manufacturing. You may be required to work long hours and up to 7 days a week, if necessary.
Responsibilities of a LeClaire Manufacturing Production Worker may include, but are not limited to:
- Wearing required PPE at ALL times
- Read and follow job instructions on computer, before starting each and every job.
- Work next to hot furnace during full shift in extreme heat- especially during summer
- Ladling hot aluminum up to 50lbs. repetitively
- Pouring molten aluminum repetitively
- Lift heavy castings repetitively
- Charging furnaces as needed and instructed
- Operating Bandsaw, Grinder, ShotBlast Machine or other manufacturing machinery
- Operating casting machinery
- Adhere to quality standards and practices
- Clean up work station after every shift
- Willing to cross train on various tasks and jobs
- Complete required training in timely manner
- Willingness to communicate and provide immediate feedback with Team Leads and Supervisors
Requirements of a Production Worker include:
- Computer literacy required.
- Use hands 100% of the workday.
- Walk or stand 100% of the workday.
- Bend, stoop or twist 100% of the workday.
- Exert physical force to push, pull or lift 35-50# frequently.
- Work in a shop environment which includes continuous exposure to loud noises, dust, mist and extreme heat.
- Work mandatory overtime when required.
- Adhere to LeClaire’s Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
Benefits of a position with LeClaire Manufacturing include:
- Competitive pay, with shift differential applicable after 90 days.
- Competitive raises
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, as well as Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance.
- Semi-Annual Profit Sharing.
- 401(k), Pension
- Opportunity for overtime.
- Ability to work for family-owned Company who cares for all its employees.
Manufacturing/Industrial work experience is preferred but not required.