The Benefits of Sand Casting
- Aluminum is lightweight
- It is also a strong material
- Additionally, aluminum is a readily available raw material
- It provides a smooth finish
- Sand casting is a cost-effective casting process
- Sand casting is the simplest and most versatile aluminum casting method
- There is a high degree of tooling flexibility to accommodate design changes
- Sand casting is ideal for manufacturing scale-ups
- Sand casting is ideal for low production applications
The Additional Benefits of Permanent Mold Casting
- Additional finish benefit: The permanent mold casting process uses a reusable steel or iron mold. Furthermore, permanent mold casting creates a smoother finish than sand casting.
- Strength as an additional benefit: A product made with the permanent mold casting process typically increases mechanical properties by 15% due to the reduced grain structure created by the freezing rate of steel vs. sand.
- Additional numbers: Permanent Mold Casting is ideal for large-scale production applications.
Finding a solution customized for your needs is our goal. Reach out to our team to see what option is best for your application. Le Claire Manufacturing recognizes each project is unique and needs a solution based on those needs. We look forward to assisting you. Click here to get started by requesting a free quote.